Visitation rights and fights for father

I had small extra marital affair for 6 months in 2009. I left that lady. even though my wife left with my 2 children at March'10. Persuaded her for last 6 years to come back, but she refused. My daughter (15 yrs) and my son (14 yrs) now stay with her. She brain washed them against me. My children are now against me , dont want to meet me, refuse to go out with me, dont take gift from me. Went to meet at least 2/300 times, but she refused to meet or negotiate. filed divorce csae , got visitation rights but still they refuse to let me in their house.

Answers (1)

164 votes

Your children are old enough to decide whether they want to meet you or not. You can get directions from court in case your wife is proving to be a hindrance even after grant of visitation rights. However, you cannot force your children to meet you against their will.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles