Is presence of biological father is essential for adoption?

I want to know whether presence of biological father is essential for adoption or or a noc will do?


As per the law,

the no objection certificate would suffice from both the parents of the the child.

The presence of the biological father is not a necessity and it can be done away with if there is a NOC from the parents.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hllo sir , meri marriage 2007 main hui thi aur meri shadi k ik saal baad meri in laws mere sath mar peet krne lge kyu k mere ek beti hui thi , uske ba…

Read More

After cross ex. of Father& his Friend Trial Court passed the interim cust. order of the minor girl child aged 2y in favour of Father & directe…

Read More

wife not staying together for 2yrs n does nt allow to meet my 6yrs old son i dont want divorce pls help…

Read More

Can my ex-husband force me to sign the no objection or any such document through which, my name as the biological mother of my daughter, who stays wit…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue