Is it possible to adopt a child without informing my partner about it?

I am married but I am living with my parents because for some disputes from my matrimonial home. I don't want to give divorce to my husband and want to adopt a child without informing them. Is it possible? In future without mentioning father name school and colleges will take the admission of the child? Please suggest

As per the Hindu Adoptions and Maintenance Act 1956, a Hindu female who is not a minor and of sound mind (presuming you are a Hindu) can only adopt when either of the following conditions are satisfied:

> marriage has been dissolved or
> husband is dead or
> husband has completely and finally renounced the world or
> husband has ceased to be a Hindu or
> husband has been declared by a court of competent jurisdiction to be of unsound mind,

Since your husband does not fall into any of the above categories, you are not eligible to adopt a child even if your husband consents to it.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers