quesHow can I get my daughter's custody and maintenance from my husband

My husband does not want me to come back home. I am staying out of his home since 1.5 months and he has our 6 years old daughter also. Now says if I want to stay with him, I will have to give it in writing that I will give the child custody to him. I want to stay there. What should I do now?

  • ans

    Assuming you are hindu,
    you can make an application under section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act which deals with restitution of conjugal rights.
    Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act 1955 has been explained below for your understanding:

    Section 9. 

    Restitution of conjugal rights - When either the husband or the wife has, without reasonable excuse, withdrawn from the society of the other, the aggrieved party may apply, by petition to the district court, for restitution of conjugal rights and the court, on being satisfied of the truth of the statements made in such petition and that there is no legal ground why the application should not be granted, may decree restitution of conjugal rights accordingly.

    Along with the that you can also file a case for child custody.

    Regarding maintenance,
    you need not to get divorce from your husband if you want maintenance from him.
    Application under section 125 of Cr.P.C. can be preferred for getting maintenance from the husband.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Child Custody lawyers in India

Similar questions

i have a minor son of 10 year staying with my estranged wife living separately…

My brother in law (wife's brother) died at age of 30. He is having one…

sir me and my wife are living separately. i am in Coimbatore and my wife…

My son recently got remarried to a widow who has a 8 years old son.…

Child Custody Lawyers in India

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Ujwal Phasate

  Kukde Lay Out
 Experience: 8 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly