How can i claim custody of my 8 years old daughter

Legally divorced & my daughter with her mother only, 15days once visiting the problem is my daughter not interested to living with her mom. She don't want to living with her.. so I wanna take back my daughter(Legally) can you please tell me somebody what is the procedure. Now she's 8 years old.. (she's living with her parents)

Answers (1)

453 votes
Usually courts are inclines to grant custody of female child below 12 years to mother. Another aspect which may be important is wish of child, in the event child is able to take decision, with which parent child wants to stay. Such observation is reached when judicial officer may speak with the child. 

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles