quesdenied to meet my child by my wife

My wife has denied me the permission to meet my child and she does not allow me to even talk to him. What can I do?

  • ans

    A parent can claim the custody / visitation rights of the child under Section 7 and 17 of the gurdianship Act and under section 12 of the Hindu Minority Act.

    Section 17 in The Guardians and Wards Act, 1890 is mentioned below for your understanding:

    Matters to be considered by the Court in appointing guardian.—

    (1) In appointing or declaring the guardian of a minor, the Court shall, subject to the provisions of this sec­tion, be guided by what, consistently with the law to which the minor is subject, appears in the circumstances to be for the welfare of the minor.

    (2) In considering what will be for the welfare of the minor, the Court shall have regard to the age, sex and religion of the minor, the character and capacity of the proposed guardian and his nearness of kin to the minor, the wishes, if any, of a de­ceased parent, and any existing or previous relations of the proposed guardian with the minor or his property.

    (3) If minor is old enough to form an intelligent preference, the Court may consider that preference.

    (4) The Court shall not appoint or declare any person to be a guardian against his will.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Child Custody lawyers in India

Similar questions

my wife always thretned me for divorce and she will always thretened me court will…
Me and my wife has got married with muslim law. my child is 3.10 years…
SIR, i inform u that my wife comitted suside on NOV and i was arrested…
I already filed the child custody case which is Court my wife is working for…

Child Custody Lawyers in India

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Ujwal Phasate

  Kukde Lay Out
 Experience: 8 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly