Daughter with in laws after wife's death. How to get her custody?

I have married 5 years ago and I have a daughter of 3 years.. after some personal problem accidentally my wife was dead and my in laws puct a case on me and I have to go to jail for some time and I came back on bail and want to cailm my daughter back from my in laws.. I have assingn one lawyer buy he is delaying a process for more than a year and says as this is the criminal case.. its already one year. What to do now?

Answers (1)

141 votes

You are required to file a custody petition before the family court. You need to fight for visitation rights at the very least which you may be granted by the court on certain conditions.

Custody proceedings can be completed within a few hearings though your criminal trial will take much longer.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles