×

queschild's custody if mother earns more than father

if a wife earns more than her husband and takes all the responsibility of her family,house and children. and is it possible that the wife can get permanent custody of her children ?

• ansThe income of the parent is not the sole criterion to get the custody of the child. If she is earns more than her husband then she will definitely have the benefit, subject to other grounds, be better placed than her husband to get the custody.

and chances of wife getting custody of her children are much higher than of father's. Father will get visitation rights, and child's welfare is the paramount consideration.