Child custody of 6 months old in case of mother's death

I want to know suppose at d time of mothers death the child 6 month's old is taken by mothers sister to take care, becoz the childs father ws in d state of shock of his wife's death. Later he he ws normal n started his normal life by going to work n all. When nw he is fully stable he wants d child back bt the deceased sister is nt giving her n mentally harrssing n nt allowing her to meet. Plz recommend good advice as d deceased husband love his daughter very much n wants her back.

Answers (1)

267 votes

You will have to file custody under the Guardianship Ward Act and seek custody of your child. The custody can be filed at the local jurisdiction where the child is residing.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles