Can i challenge the custody of children which was given to ex husband?

Can the custody of kids which is with my ex husband currently be challenged in case he is not allowing me to meet them or talk to them and is not taking proper care of them? I have taken Divorce last month and the custody of my kids is with my ex husband.

Before our Divorce was finalized, he was giving me the comfort of talking to our kids and also he was not going on tours so frequently. But now things have changed. Can I fight for the custody for my kids now?

I don't need their maintainence amount from him but just need the custody. Kindly advise.

Answers (1)

456 votes

Yes, you can challenge the order for grant of custody based on the ground of change in circumstances. You shall have to adduce evidence to prove to the Court as to why the custody should be granted to you.  

We shall be in better position to guide you if we could know the reasons as to why the custody was granted to the father in the first place.

Was there any written agreement under which custody was given to your husband?

Kindly share all details along with the court judgement so that we can guide you in a better way.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles