quesCan I apply for custody of my daughter

wife deserted me in April 2014. In December 2014, she sent me mcd under 498a. Till date 24 dates have passed of which 15 dates she has remain absent. She is staying with married person having illicit affairs with him. My daughter since then is with her father who is drunkered and violent. judge is saying that she can apply for mainteinance for daughter. judge has rejected maintainance for her since she is educated and earning. My salary is 10,000 pm. At the most how much maitenainance can she claim for the daughter, is there is chance I can apply for custody of daughter and get her custody?

  • ans

    There is no fixed amount that can be claimed for maintenance.

    You can claim custody of the child under Hindu Minority Act and guardianship act 1956.As per the said Act custody of a child up to 6 years stays with mother however after examining the paramount welfare interest of the child custody of the child can be given to father 


  • ansFirstly, it is unclear if you are divorced from your wife or just separated. Maintenance will be decided by the Court keeping in mind all factors such as your income, age, child's age etc. Secondly, if you are divorced, then for custody you can file a case under the Guardianship and Ward Act and contest the case. But if you are not divorced, then you can file a complaint with the Police Station that your wife has taken your daughter without your consent.

    Advocate Asha S Anand

      Gandhinagar, Bangalore

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Child Custody lawyers in India

Similar questions

My cousin sister wants Divorse from her husband as he used to beat and abuse…
i am married for almost 10yr having 2 girl child (9yr +3yr). me and my…
My friend is married six years ago.she has two kids,a girl(5),a boy(3).her husband tortures her.not…
Hi my name is Dinesh and working​ in Dubai. My wife was living with my…

Child Custody Lawyers in India

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Ujwal Phasate

  Kukde Lay Out
 Experience: 8 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly