can child custody go to in laws after i marry again

Dear sir , My wife had comitted suicide , when my daughter was 2.5 year old . the police case is over.now i am looking forward for a second marriage , and my inlaws have told me , if i get married again they will take away custody of my daughter. just want to understand the law ?

Only the fact that you are doing second marriage cannot be a ground for custody of kid to inlaws. They cannot forcefully take the child and if they do you can file complaint against them.

In case they have a strong case against you in that case they have to file petition in court to claim custody of kid.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers