Can a minor have control over parents assets without gaurdianship

I am 16 years of age. In case of Death of both my parents, is it possible that instead of being handed over to a relative or a guardian, I get emancipated if my parents mention emancipation in their will? I would like to be in control of my own finances, assets, living and education. I was wondering if this is allowed under the Indian constitution.


In case you being a minor, the property cannot be your control. A major person has to be appointed to maintain your property that you received through your parents will after their death. All the properties will be transferred to your name once you become a major.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hi, Can I please get some advise on how to proceed with child custody and what are the documents needed as per the current court process to file for c…

Read More

my husband has kept my son son is five n half years.what is the actual age for which mother can get custody.…

Read More

3 year old son.Wife denying access. When we approach family court judge with interim access prayer he refused to admit it twice. Judge asked us to tak…

Read More

I am Hindu & about to get divorced from husband sooner.My minor son is with him now.Unfortunately,I am in a situation to deny visitation rights fo…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue