Remedy in case of cheque bounce from dormant or closed account

What happens if cheque bounces from a dormant account or closed account

Answers (3)

270 votes

Even if the Bank account is dormant or closed, the person who issues the cheque from the said account and the cheque bounces, person is responsible for it and a case under section 138 of Negotiable Act can be filed against him by giving prior notice for payment of cheque amount.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

186 votes

if you have cheque some and you have closed that account or you have not used the said account for longer time and if the said cheque had been dishonoured then you will be construct u/s 138 of N.I. Act, Then he can file complaint against you.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Shashi Kant Sharma
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
214 votes

You will get return memo that the drawer account is closed and you will then be required to send a legal notice through a advocate and after the statutory time period file a case with JMFC for cheque bounce proceedings.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles