Remedy in case of cheque bounce from dormant or closed account

What happens if cheque bounces from a dormant account or closed account

You will get return memo that the drawer account is closed and you will then be required to send a legal notice through a advocate and after the statutory time period file a case with JMFC for cheque bounce proceedings.

if you have cheque some and you have closed that account or you have not used the said account for longer time and if the said cheque had been dishonoured then you will be construct u/s 138 of N.I. Act, Then he can file complaint against you.

Even if the Bank account is dormant or closed, the person who issues the cheque from the said account and the cheque bounces, person is responsible for it and a case under section 138 of Negotiable Act can be filed against him by giving prior notice for payment of cheque amount.