Can i file a cheque bounce case against a cheque that turned stale two days back? it's still in the 30 days bounce period.

Answers (3)

189 votes

No you can file suit for recovery against those cheques. You have to start legal proceedings as soon as possible otherwise time period for suit will also expired. For filing recovery suit you have to first pay stamp duty around 4 percent and the it can easily be filed.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

75 votes

Hi, yes if it has been dishonoured you have to issue a legal notice within 30days ..After issuing of legal notice we have to file a criminal complaint within 45 days under section 138 of Negotiable instrument act..

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
101 votes

hello if the return memo date is within 3O days send the legal notice immediately through your lawyer so that you are within limitation period. If you take action promptly you can file the cheque bounce case

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles