Can wife be prosecuted for cheque bounce which was issued by husband

Wife & husband signed on pro note. But husband only issued cheque. is wife shall be prosecuted under 138 of n.i act? Is there any latest citation of supreme court to save such Wife?

there is no law saying that to punish the other for issuing the cheque of another even though the cheque is issued by husband and for this there is no citation you need to peruse criminal procedure code

No, wife cannot be prosecuted for the cheque issued by husband, as the cheque is not signed by the wife. even though the Liability is joint ..Wiife cannot be prosecuted. However she will be liable to pay the money if the lendor files a civil suit for recovery of money under pronote.

Dear In your case, there is no chance to prosecute the wife under section of 138 N.I.Act, because she did not signed on cheque. But she is having responsibility on Promissory which was executed with her husband jointly.