Unable to pay the bank loan interest want to pay only principal amount

I am having education loan which is NPA since more than 10 years, now bank is charging 1,30,000 principal and 4,50,000 interest , so total of Rs. 5,80,000. I have mailed the bank that i am not able to pay 5,80,000 due to my poor financial condition but can go for OTS scheme where I can only afford to pay principal amount Rs. 1,30,000 but bank has denied my proposal and asking for the total outstanding amount with 20% initially rest in EMI, but I am not in a conducting to run the EMI, please help what to do?

Answers (2)

214 votes

you have to move to the DRT and file a case against the bank and can move for settlement. but this remedy can only be taken when all your documents are correct. so at first you have to come and have a face to face interaction with any lawyer and then only a better or accurate advice can be given to you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

120 votes

Dear querist,

Offer bank another OTS with a higher value, and do you have any lien against the education loan? I believe you have that’s why you are so tensed and I also believe it’s you house that’s why they are asking for 20% as they must have threatened you that they will go for District Magistrate order against your house... My advice to you is file a case in Drt tribunal and again go for OTS WITH Legal help... we do such types of cases contact us through lawrato...

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Banking / Finance Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hi, I want to file a complaint/case on my ex boyfriend... He made me take a loan over 3 years ago and has not returned the money. He has been taking m…

Read More

sir in case of death of borrower of loan how the repayment of outstanding loan is settled? if loan is insured then what are the advantages of borrower…

Read More

Hi Sir, I have provided surety for my Sister in law (Father's sister) towards a amount of Rs.10 Lakhs which she has taken from Shriram Finance Ltd…

Read More

Hi Sir/Madam, Good Evening. My Father taken a loan from "Home Credit India" company. He have paid one EMI and pending EMI are 2. The company…

Read More