Working hours allowed as per laws under defence services

Sir I want to know that how much total hour of working is allowed in a week for those people who works in defence /belong from defence personnel

Answers (1)

Hi, as per the member of defence forces there is no specific working hours. It depends on the circumstances, but a member must get adequate rest and other recreational time. Without this, you will not be comfortable in giving your best to service. However, the working hours if increased, must have justified reasons.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
11 years Experience
Advocate Divesh Sharma
Chitrakoot, Jaipur
4 years Experience
Advocate Pritesh A Burad
Thane (w), Thane
6 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

After getting normal discharge from armed force service and received the discharge book,LPC etc. Can I called for court of inquiry by service? What ar…

Read More

What does jurisdiction of AFT means? I want to file a case against MoD's decision on my statutory complaint on non promotion. Can i file it at Jai…

Read More

Retired from Navy after 20 years of service with 50%disability pension since 01-06-2009. Now as per supreme Court verdict in Ramavtar case, how can I …

Read More

i m serving in army. i want retain my govt married accommodation on my posting from delhi on children education ground as my son is studying in 12th. …

Read More