What to do in wrong treatment by Armed Force Hospital

Iam serving in Indian Air Force.In Jun 2016 in an accident I had a foot injury. Hence I got admitted in Air Force Hospital.I got my foot operated. Due to negligence and lower professionalism of the surgeon,that operation leaded to Osteomyelitis in foot. I requested him many times to refer me to any other military hospital for treatment. All the time he ignored and refused to refer. Finally I took leave and reported to Command Hospital Kolkata. Again there the orthopedic doctor neglected the seriousness my disease and refused to admit me there and finally referred to Base Hospital. InBase Hospital they treated me with oral antibiotics for a long 10 months. Due to heavy medicine, my lever got affected. I was afraid of losing my foot, so I got operated in Bombay Hospital and there I came to know that two foreign bodies were left in my foot causing bone infection.What action can be taken against the doctors and how i can get reimbursement of medical expenditure?

Answers (1)

193 votes

It appears that in your case negligence can be proven by documentary records. You should first serve legal notice asking for damages, then serve reminder and then approach Armed Forces Tribunal for your grievance.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Divesh Sharma
Chitrakoot, Jaipur
5 years Experience
Advocate JV Bhosale
Fort, Mumbai
12 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles