×

What are the working hours In Indian Air Force

Sir, I want to know min to max Working hours limit in IAF (continuously and WEEKLY BOTH) and under which law it comes violation of which may lead defence personnel to report to court for justice. If someone is doing more than the limit what kind of compensation facility is available in IAF. Thank you sir.

You question is quite right and genuine that there must be some limit of working hours and there are laws related to it in the AFOs and AFIs. But, the same are not truly followed by local commanders and exploitation is done. However, you are true, the first challenge of arbitrary working hours will be at unit level and for that there may not be any proof to you.

Due to the nature of service in defense forces, unfortunately there is right to claim violation if asked to work for more than the said/notified working hours which are usually 8 hours in total based on the shift you are working. Defense stations need to be manned 24X7 and therefore there are working personnel all the time. Every person is allocated a shift and the timings are fixed according to the zones as well as the place of posting i.e. forward area or peace station. Definitely in case you are an operational staff or defense industrial employees governed you are eligible for OA (Overtime Allowance) as per the statutory provisions.
You should make a representation to the CO/Accounts department in case you are not being provided with Overtime Allowance.

Popular Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers

Shaniwar Peth, Pune
Advocate JV Bhosale
Fort, Mumbai
Advocate Divesh Sharma
Chitrakoot, Jaipur

This question you should have asked prior to joining armed forces. Now it's too late. You are governed by special act as well as local orders issued in this regard. File an RTI and ask this question from Air Force HQ.