Service getting terminated due to medical reasons

My father is a government servant(civilian LDC) in air force. He is suffering form depression and is on anti psychotic medication. He is on verge of retirement which is due next year. His office seniors want to constitute a medical board and terminate his service. They say that you will not get pension also. Is it true? They have issued show cause letter also. I am extremely distressed. Can you please tell me about legal implications of the above Matter?

Answers (2)

77 votes

In the present scenario you need to reply the Show Cause Notice strongly opposing and saying that you should not be terminated from service. Further, if the same is done, you may take help of court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

154 votes

First of he will get the benefits, he can not be terminated on account of illness, he may get medical expenses of his illness.
Secondly he will be terminated only on the account of default in service etc which are not allowed in the service rules.
He can be given chance of voluntary retirement.
His pension can not be taken away from him

Popular Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
8 years Experience
Advocate Divesh Sharma
Chitrakoot, Jaipur
6 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles