No reply to the application for Redress of Grievance. Can i go to AFT?

I was given "severe displeasure" (a form of censure) for six months by the C-in-C in May 2015 for violating the procedure laid down in an IAF instruction. I applied for review of the punishment as per the existing provisions but did not receive any reply. After two months I put up an application for redress of grievance (ROG). Both the applications are statutory complaints which are supposed to be processed within 45 days with intimation to the applicant in case of delays. However, my first application is four months and second one is two months old with no reply. Can I approach AFT for this?

Answers (1)

72 votes

The procedure of review of an award of Severe Displeasure is dealt as per AFO. The review is carried out by the authority superior to the one by whom such Censure is awarded in your case it will be reviewed  by Chief. I hope you must have represented in ROG more appropriately then in  your reply to the show causeNotice issued to you before the award of Censure. 

After having represented to the authority through proper channel if no reply received you can approach AFT. You can challenge all aspect of SD which you may not be able to write in your application.If reply received and it is not favourable to you, you have the right to Challenge SD/Reply in Hon'ble AFT. 

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Divesh Sharma
Chitrakoot, Jaipur
4 years Experience
Advocate Pritesh A Burad
Thane (w), Thane
6 years Experience
Advocate Khursheed Anwar Qureshi
Shivaji Nagar, Pune
25 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Retired on 31 Mar 2016 as Col with 50% disability. Now getting percentage based disability pension . Am I eligible for broad banding ie 75% .…

Read More

I was a trainee of IAF. I was direct recruited to an pre alloted trade. When i was recruited i was not told about any policy related to my training in…

Read More

sir, I am a 14 yr 7 month serving soldier in infantry. still i am discharged from sevice.what benifits are able to me (including pension).…

Read More

Madam/SIR. I had joined indian army CORPS OF SIGNALS on 30 March 1966 AND came out on medical ground i.g medical catergory EEE. without any pensionery…

Read More