Minimum service period required for JCO/OR to get retirement pension

Sir I am Hav of Indian army. My enrolment date is Dec 2002. My service in army is 15 Year 02 month. Is I am eligible for Service pension if I request volunteer for discharge . 2. Is D B sheketkar smiti increase the minimum service from 15 year to 17 Year.

Answers (2)

As per the procedure in vogue, the qualifying service for the pension in armed forces services is 15 years. The D B sheketkar committee was set up for various reasons and its most of the recommendation has been accepted by government.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Yes you are eligible for service pension if you discharge after the 15 years of service.
Even you will also get the benefit of 7th pay commission pay etc.
The minimum service period is 15 years and you may proceed.

Popular Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
11 years Experience
Advocate Divesh Sharma
Chitrakoot, Jaipur
4 years Experience
Advocate Pritesh A Burad
Thane (w), Thane
6 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Sir, I m corporal working in IAF.soldiers of all three services are getting appx half amount of officer on the name of MILITARY SERVICE PAY which is g…

Read More

There is a my relative who is army widow but army offices is not allowing her pension saying that it is written in a letter pension not notified due t…

Read More

Hello Sir, I am Aman Sharma. I lives in lakhanpur (kathua- j&k).Sir matter is that I fill the form of SSC GD constable in2015. Sir,I clear all the sta…

Read More

can i get a stay for the grant of maintenance for my daughter(4 years) of Rs8900. by air force. My wife is a kv teacher. we are seperated for 3 years.…

Read More