Legal action against officer for entering wrong information in FORM 10

27-Apr-2023 (In Armed Forces Tribunal Law)
If an Officer in Army enter wrong details in Form 10, then how it can be challenged.
Answers (4)

Answer #1
610 votes
If an offer entered wrong information with intention to deceive the Indian Army then he is liable for strict actions like Court martial or demotion or termination etc. But if it is done without any bad intension then that may be treated as error and he would be called to rectify the same.
Answer #2
671 votes
First you will be evaluated by the Psychiatrist. Once his opinion is in your favor and if wrong details have been given by your CO then you need to file a complaint against your CO. Only thereafter you can raise your grievances before the Armed Forces Tribunal. You must note that you will have to give strong proof in this regard because FORM-10 may be filled up by the CO if he feels you require a Psy check up.
Answer #3
529 votes
There is effective system of ROG in the Armed forces and you are advised to make use of it. If your grievances are not heard withing 45 days, you may approach Armed Forces Tribunal and file the case.
Answer #4
743 votes
Form 10 is for the purposes of Psychological evaluation and therefore if any adverse remarks (must be false) has been made you should first get an evaluation from any recognized government hospital of repute for the same and then make representation to the medical board, along with copies to the COAS and your Commanding Officer. If they do not take any action within 90 days, you can file a petition with the AFT.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."