Discharged with low medical category can I claim medical pension

I am Ex-Sgt Yadav. Date of Discharge 31st May 2015. I was discharged with Low Medical Category. Can I file a case for Medical Pension now.

Answers (3)

206 votes


From your query it is not possible to know the complete facts of the case and in this situation it is difficult to clarify and advise you correctly. You are suggested to provide the complete facts.
Thanks and regards

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

51 votes

Hi Sgt Yadav, If you are getting service pension and discharged under LMC you can claim for disability pension depending upon certain circumstances, the onset of Disability, attributability, and aggravation of disability etc. In some cases when injury or disease is not termed as attributable or aggravated but still disability pension is given. If you need further advice you may like to contact us. Regards

Popular Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
7 years Experience
Advocate Divesh Sharma
Chitrakoot, Jaipur
5 years Experience
67 votes

Seems you are eligible for Medical Pension but something definite can only be said once your papers are seen.
The disability should have casual connection with service condition as well as aggravated and attributable to service.
Some other details are to be also discussed and then it can be said with finality.Case has to be filed for getting it.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles