Disability pension as suffered an accident aboard ship & released

Sir,I joined IN in July1976 as pbor, In July84 ,I suffered an accident on board ship at sea,I was operted twice but my knee movement could not be restored, I was placed in cat s3A2 pmt.as I was finding difficult to perform my duties ,I was just 24 yrs and my carrier also suffering in IN ,I requested for premature release , at the time of release med board put me at 20% disb.and my injury was attributable to naval service.I left IN on 19 Nov 86 w/o any type of pension, Pl. guide if I am entitled for a disb pension or normal pension

Answers (5)

160 votes

Since you had completed 10 years of service and injury was attributable to service, you may get disability pension. You are suggested to approach the local sainik board or your regimental centre/record office for details.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

347 votes

Dear Sir, It is very sad to know about your incident. The Indian Navy does provide for disability pension based on the broadening principle. For 20% disablity, by a recent decision of the government (notification) the disability pension would be rounded to 50% of the last drawn salary. But for a person who has retired prior to 2006, no relief is provided if the disability is 20% unless you have not made claim over disability pension. Did you made a claim or did you receive any benefit when you prematurely release in 1986?

Popular Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate JV Bhosale
Fort, Mumbai
13 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
8 years Experience
140 votes

You may first approach your authority to Grant you medical disability pension. You are entitled for the same. Please note that delay is there yet you will get it. Once your application to the department is disposed off you may approach AFT if you are not satisfied.

109 votes

Yes you will have to prove certain things and if court is satisfied about its genuiness it can grant you disability pension.I can't comment just on the basis of ur statement.You have to come to AFT,R K Puram,New Delhi and show your connected papers to me trhgen i will take a call.

75 votes

Dear Sir,
As per your disability details, you are intitled for invalid medical pension @ 50% as per the pension regulations and PCDA circular. I think you have gone through IMB and you have also appealed for disability pension, but the same was not considered by the Authorities. Now again you send a representation to your record office and then file a case in the AFT.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles