Disability component of pension how to obtain

Took Premature retirement in 1998 after 21 yrs,as there was no promotion prospects DUE to permanet low medical category. Discharge medical board assessed 20% disability due to aggravated service condition. I was verbally told that I was not eligible for disability pension. Can this be taken up now? Please advise. Service: Indian Navy. Rank: Cdr.

Answers (1)

209 votes

Serving army for 20 yrs is enough to get pension. Regarding medical board out cases, the details furnished at the medical board out proceedings in AFMFS 16 has to be furnished along with the details of the postings

If the ailment is due to service conditions, definetly disability pension will be given. Please inform you are from which place as I am looking after Chennai bench only at the present

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Divesh Sharma
Chitrakoot, Jaipur
4 years Experience
Advocate Pritesh A Burad
Thane (w), Thane
6 years Experience
Advocate Khursheed Anwar Qureshi
Shivaji Nagar, Pune
25 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Sir I want to know that how much total hour of working is allowed in a week for those people who works in defence /belong from defence personnel…

Read More

Sir is this possible according to law that marriage affidavit pe marriage certificate ban Sakta hai wo bhi state se.....after death of husband ...????…

Read More

Sir, a person serving in Army since last 6 yrs. He did two matric in two diffrent year. Both of matric did by the same board, reason was age bcz as pe…

Read More

Army person serving for 12 years. I sued to play games in the beginning in the training camp. After completing the training they kept us there only fo…

Read More