Can I get stay on the grant of maintenance to the daughter

can i get a stay for the grant of maintenance for my daughter(4 years) of Rs8900. by air force. My wife is a kv teacher. we are seperated for 3 years.

Answers (1)

360 votes

According to the Hindu adoptions and maintenance act a minor can claim for maintenance from the father or mother till he/she attains majority. As specified in section 20 of thie act a Hindu is bound, during his or her lifetime, to maintain his or her legitimate or illegitimate children and his or her aged or infirm parents. A legitimate or illegitimate child may claim maintenance from his or her father or mother so long as the child is a minor. But in some special cases the amount of maintenance, whether fixed by a decree of court or by agreement may be altered subsequently if there is a material change in the circumstances justifying such alteration. 

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate JV Bhosale
Fort, Mumbai
13 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
8 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles