Am I eligible for broad banding of disability pension

Sir, retd from indian navy on 31/01/2000 with 30% dp , during review medical board in 2004 increased to 50% , being paid 50% , would like to know if i am eligible for broad banding of disability pension to 75% , as some one advice me to approach aft regards

Answers (2)

192 votes

No you cant get the benefit of enhancement it to 75% as the 50% was not the disability which was decided by the medical authorities,it is only with the effect of broadbanding to 50% by enhancing from 30%.
So there is no point in approaching AFT on this you wuill not get any relief.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

222 votes

Hi If you are getting Disability pension @50% after your retirement from service then you are eligible for benefits of rounding of to 75%. You need to approach AFT, for this benefits. It is better to approach AFT at the earliest, you are loosing every month the benefits of broad banding. Regds

Popular Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Divesh Sharma
Chitrakoot, Jaipur
5 years Experience
Advocate Akshat Mittal
Sector - 4, Panchkula
3 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles