Am I eligible for broad banding of disability pension

Sir, retd from indian navy on 31/01/2000 with 30% dp , during review medical board in 2004 increased to 50% , being paid 50% , would like to know if i am eligible for broad banding of disability pension to 75% , as some one advice me to approach aft regards

No you cant get the benefit of enhancement it to 75% as the 50% was not the disability which was decided by the medical authorities,it is only with the effect of broadbanding to 50% by enhancing from 30%.
So there is no point in approaching AFT on this you wuill not get any relief.

Since you are already in receipt of disability pension @50% your disability pension can be rounded off to 75 in terms of various judgements, however before going to the AFT make a representation to Government could be get relief with out going to the court otherwise also you law requires that you make your representation and only if it's not disposed off in six months or they dry you the relief that you can approach the AFT.So to begin with send a simple representation.
Thank you

Maj Sangeeta Tomar
AFT DELHI

Popular Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers

Shaniwar Peth, Pune
Advocate Divesh Sharma
Chitrakoot, Jaipur
Advocate Pritesh A Burad
Thane (w), Thane

Hi If you are getting Disability pension @50% after your retirement from service then you are eligible for benefits of rounding of to 75%. You need to approach AFT, for this benefits. It is better to approach AFT at the earliest, you are loosing every month the benefits of broad banding. Regds