quesmy wife shares all info with her parents and has made life hell for me

meri shadi 18/4/2014 ko hui thi. lekin shadi ke 20 din ke andar hi wo talak magne lage. wo apni beti ko phone par hamare khilaf galat shiksha dete the. hamne unki phone record kar ke save kar liye. jisme wo saas se ulta bolna, kisi se na dabna, aur hamare ghar ki daily report etc baate karte the. 1 din unhe call recording ka pata lag gaya aur uske papa 29/5/14 ko ladki ke M.A. ke exam ke bahane 1 mahine ke liye jabardasti le gaye. phir kuch logo ke kehne par hamne unki saari baate mankar 19/8/14 ko use wapas le aaye. isme ab kya karna chahiye

  • ans

    After analyzing the your problem we would like to tell you that,

    You should visit a marriage counselor with your wife so that your relationship could grow better.

    Now regarding your query, law does not provide for any act that could prevent your wife from talking to her parents. 
    You also have another option to divorce your wife if she is troubling you so much.

    The divorce laws depend upon the religion of the person. Assuming you are Hindus, you will be governed by Hindu Marriage Act.

    Section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act which covers divorce has been reproduced below for your better understanding.

    Section 13(1) states that a petition may be presented by either the husband or the wife, for dissolution of marriage by a decree of divorce on the ground that the other party-

    i. has, after the solemnization of the marriage, had voluntary, sexual intercourse with any person other than his or her spouse; or

    a. has, after the solemnization of the marriage, treated the petitioner with cruelty; or

    b. has deserted the petitioner for a continuous period of not less than two years immediately preceding the presentation of the petition; or

    ii. has ceased to be a Hindu by conversion to another religion; or

    iii. has been incurably of unsound mind, or has been suffering continuously or intermittently from mental disorder of such a kind and to such an extent that the petitioner cannot reasonably be expected to live with the respondent. Explanation.- In this clause,-

    a. the expression" mental disorder" means mental illness, arrested or incomplete development of mind, psychopathic disorder or any other disorder or disability of mind and includes schizophrenia;

    b. the expression" psychopathic disorder" means a persistent disorder or disability of mind (whether or not including sub- normality of intelligence) which results in abnormally aggressive or seriously irresponsible conduct on the part of the other party, and whether or not it require or is susceptible to medical treatment; or

    iv. has been suffering from a virulent and incurable from of leprosy; or

    v. has been suffering from venereal disease in a communicable from; or

    vi. has renounced the world by entering any religious order; or

    vii. has not been heard of as being alive for a period of seven years or more by those persons who would naturally have heard of it, had that party been alive.

    So as per the above mentioned Section, you can seek a decree for dissolution of marriage (divorce) on any of the above mentioned grounds.
    Depending upon the facts of your case, the ground shall have to be decided. You may file it under the grounds of cruelty which includes mental as well as physical cruelty. Or any other ground which you feel can be fitted in your circumstances.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Arbitration Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Arbitration lawyers in India

Similar questions

in an arbitration proceeding can i amend my pleadings and at what stage i can…

my father purchased one scooter by taking finance from a private finance company in 2007…
Did housing society can force to submit the donation for festival and get together event.…
We (A and B both Hindu) friends were working in Pune Maharashtra in 1991 in…

Arbitration Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly