Does a registered trust still need to get a Trade Mark for its Logo?

I have registered my NGO as a trust.

Do I still need to register for tax exemption and Do I need to get a Trade Mark for my Logo or is it automatically protected by the trust registration?


If you want to claim tax exemption on your income then nonprofit (ngo)  like trust, you should apply for registration with Income tax department to get 12A certificate .

Further, you should also get your trade mark registered because the consumers can easily identify their product or services.

No your trademark will not get automatically protected by trust registration.

You will have to make a fresh registration with the Trade Mark authority under class 45. 

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Arbitration Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Arbitration Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Till date promoter not yet sanction plan/construction of bldg. not strated. They asking for a new supplementary unregistered agreement with new propor…

Read More

does section 4 of arbitration and conciliation act. 1996 apply after the appointment of arbitrator or before…

Read More

My mother is a widow.I am the elder son My grandfather i.e(my mother's father) has a lot of agricultural land with him that was given to him by my…

Read More


Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue