Action against US Citizen who married me and now says we are divorced

2 yrs back i got married to a US citizen.Both of us are Muslim.He kept on delaying the registration of marriage.Both of us went to court & signed intent of marriage on stamp paper then our Nikah took place.I have got all the related papers.My Meher is ten lakh of rupees.For one & half years everything was ok. But one day he sent me a mail that we are already divorced.And now he doesn't pick up my phone nor replies my mail.His mother live in Bombay, when i tried to contact her she refused to talk to me. Can i take any legal action against him as he is US citizen. Please give me advice.

Answer

The details furnished by you are very limited and it is diffcult for us to guide you with such limited information. 

Your marriage without a nikhanama could not have been solemnized and it acts as a documentary evidence.

Its your personal law that governs you and U.S  citizen will have no role play.

Thus by looking into your documents we can give you the perfect advise.

You can also sent a legal notice to your husband through a lawyer.

Popular Arbitration Lawyers