One of the best Advocates & Lawyers in Chennai - Advocate Uma Devi

Advocate Uma Devi

LawRato Verified
LawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRato 4.0 | 2+ user ratings
LawRatoBaker Street, Chennai
LawRato14 years Experience
Practice Areas
Cheque Bounce, Child Custody, Consumer Court, Court Marriage, Criminal, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Family, High Court, Motor Accident, Property, R.T.I, Wills / Trusts
Language(s) Spoken: English, Tamil
Advocate Uma Devi has been practicing and handling cases independently with a result oriented approach, both professionally and ethically and has now acquired many years of professional experience in providing legal consultancy and advisory services.
  • Distrcit Court, Ramanathapuram
  • District Court, Chennai
  • Madras High Court

Recently Contacted Lawyers in Chennai

Popular Reviews

There are no reviews yet for Advocate Uma Devi. Please consult the lawyer through LawRato if you wish to leave a review.

Questions Answered by Advocate Uma Devi

Q: Property partition as per will between siblings

2 brothers & 2 sisters. Father (died in 2000) has left a will, however no will by mother (died in 1990). Father has stated in his will that a certain property which was in the name of his wife should go to one son. Do the daughters have any claim on this? The son has already sold the said property without any no objection certificate from daughters in 2017.

Advocate Uma Devi answered
Good afternoon sir.. If your will is registered you don't need to get no objection certificate from you sister and your brother would became the absolute owner of the property importantly the property is situated in metropolitan area mean you should propate the will by making application before the High court with adding all you legal heir as respondent.. Before that you should see whether that property is self acquired property by your father or ancestral.. Then only we came to conclusion that how your father has executed the will

Q: Property rights to woman for hindu

My wife before a week of marriage forced to sign a document to her mother stating that by getting Rs 30000 I Hereby declare that my mother can use all the properties and that I don't have any rights in that property. And this has happened in the year 2000 before our marriage.Now her mother is mentally disturbed patient so their relatives trying to have ownership of her property..It is a huge property..As a daughter what can I do now? Plz advicehindu

Advocate Uma Devi answered
Good morning mam.. Dont worry it's not a problem mam.. First you are also one of your mother's lega heir so you should apply qurdianship for your mother by stating that she is mentally disable and she cannot able to take care of herself after that you can use the property leglly for her welwish.. Before that you should see whether that property is an ancestral property or self acquired property mam.

Q: Need divorce for abusive and unprotected life

What should I do to get financial support for my baby..

Advocate Uma Devi answered
Good morning mam.. Dont get panic because there is legal remedy for you.. You can approach court to get maintanance from your husband for the welfare of you child till his majority.. If the child is girl she can able to get maintance till her marriage..

Q: Divorce case is going on proper compensation is not availed

Sir, I am Mrs. Mariammal, aged 44, my husband is filed divorce case at sub-court of Ambasamudram, Tirunelveli Dist., Tamil Nadu on 2017. Now, trial is going on and interim relief is granted by court for monthly rs. 3500/- and one time lawyer fee 4000/- to my lawer.I have got breast cancer due to that reason my husband was sought divorce from me. He is government employee getting monthly salary of Rs. 1.50 lac approximately.I too ready to give divorce on proper compensation to me, now, my lawyer is not such competent to contest the court, he is not declared my real situation to Judge as I have got breast cancer, and my husband’s salary.In this situation “what I can do, can I change advocate???? To file further affidavit to judge as to declare my disease and my husband real salary to Judge and to get good compensation to me??

Advocate Uma Devi answered
Good morning madam.. The advocates are working to client only if your are not satisfied with his work you can change the advocate by asking him that give change of vakalat then you can approach the concern court

Q: Legal issues when giving my property to someone as a gift

I own a property which was bought with my own income.. There are two children for my first wife who is dead now.. a third child for my second wife who is with me now. I am willing to give my property to my second wife as a gift.. after giving as a gift to my second wife can my first wife's children claim right on this property? Does the law allow such a claim? Who has the right to inherit the property upon the death of my second wife?

Advocate Uma Devi answered
Good morning sir/madam.. Infact that property is your self acquired property so you have entitled to transfer the property to anyone including to your wife as gift or first wife's children will not come as legal heir.. After death of your second wife your second wife' children and you will come as legal heir of that property

Frequently Asked Questions about Advocate Uma Devi

Can Advocate Uma Devi represent me in court?

Yes, Advocate Uma Devi can represent you in court. The lawyer is trained to present your case in the most effective way possible.

What should I bring to my initial consultation with Advocate Uma Devi?

When you meet with Advocate Uma Devi for an initial consultation, it is important to bring any relevant documents or information with you. This may include documents related to your legal issue, such as contracts or court orders, as well as any other relevant information, such as a list of questions or concerns you have about your case.

How do I prepare for my initial consultation with Advocate Uma Devi?

Before your initial consultation with Advocate Uma Devi, it can be helpful to think about the specific legal issue you are facing and any questions or concerns you have about your case. You should also gather any relevant documents or information that you think may be helpful in understanding your situation.

What should I expect during my initial consultation with Advocate Uma Devi?

During your initial consultation with Advocate Uma Devi, you can expect to discuss the specific legal issue you are facing and the details of your situation. Lawyer will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your case and will provide you with information about your legal options and any potential outcomes.

How do I communicate with Advocate Uma Devi?

It is important to communicate with Advocate Uma Devi regularly to stay updated on the progress of your case and to discuss any new developments or concerns you may have. You can communicate with the lawyer through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings.

How much does it cost to hire Advocate Uma Devi?

The cost of hiring Advocate Uma Devi can vary widely. Some lawyers charge hourly rates, while others charge a flat fee for their services. Some also offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. Kindly contact the lawyer directly to enquire about the fee.