One of the best Advocates & Lawyers in Mohali - Advocate Gurmeet Singh

Advocate Gurmeet Singh

LawRato Verified
LawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRato 4.0 | 2+ user ratings
LawRatoPhase 1, Mohali
LawRato22 years Experience
Practice Areas
Anticipatory Bail, Cheque Bounce, Consumer Court, Court Marriage, Criminal, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Family, Labour & Service, Property, RERA
Language(s) Spoken: English, Hindi, Punjabi
Advocate Gurmeet Singh has been practicing and handling cases independently with a result oriented approach, both professionally and ethically and has now acquired many years of professional experience in providing legal consultancy and advisory services.
  • Chandigarh State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (SCDRC)
  • Debts Recovery Tribunal (DRT) Chandigarh
  • District Court, Chandigarh
  • District Court, Mohali
  • District Court, Panchkula
  • Punjab and Haryana High Court

Recently Contacted Lawyers in Mohali

Popular Reviews

Prashant Shukla - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
Advocate Gurmeet Singh understood my issue quite well and guided me through the entire process. The lawyer provided me with sound advice. The lawyer aided me in making the best decision possible.
Over 3 months ago
Dhiman - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
He is such a great Advocate I'd never met any lawyer before. His guidance his conversation and abilities are speechless. Very nice and humble person. He brief me well and regards me a lot. Meeting him ain't feel me that I meet him first time. I felt, erstwhile I known to him. Really he is so kind and generous person. Thanks to Adv. Gurmeet Singh from bottom of my heart.
Over 3 months ago
pawan - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
My issue was well understood by Adv. Gurmeet Singh. I was offered the right advice which helped me in my legal issue. Adv.Gurmeet Singh's assistance led me to make the right decision in my legal matter.
Over 3 months ago
Gaurav nautiyal - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
Adv Singh is so helpful as I consult him regarding property verification. Surely recommend to other clients
Over 3 months ago

Questions Answered by Advocate Gurmeet Singh

Q: Bail application in Punjab and haryana high court

My brother is in jail under 306 . His friend committed suicide and day before he died he met my brother that got captured under CCTV His family thinks my brother is somehow involved in this. His imprisonment period is about to complete 3 months . We had applied for bail in session court but was rejected. Now we are heading towards high court. What are chances of acceptances and total time period of whole process.

Advocate Gurmeet Singh answered
306 infact amount to murder and only ingredient required to be proved is that ur brother provoked his friend to that extent that his friend was left with no option but to die.. if that ingredient is missing then Case can be in your brother’s favour. The question of bail and time is only answered when you apply for the bail and the court issues notice. There is no hard and fast rule of timing in bail matter. Generally lawyer waits for challan to be submitted, so that police can’t take plea of pending investigation.

Q: What can I do against husband who illegally moved to UK and married

I was married in 2013 and now have 2 kids and my Husband illegally moved to UK in 2021, now I heard he married with a Indian woman in UK to stay in UK and I also have photos and video of marriagenAnd the parents of husband not giving me Alimony and maintenance cost of my living and my kidsnWhat can I take a action against husband which lived in UK

Advocate Gurmeet Singh answered
If your husband has moved to UK leaving you and yours kid in lurch then you can file Case under section 125 CrPC for providing maintenance to you and your children. Moreover if u have proof of his marriage in UK, then you can file a case of bigamy and once summons or warrants are issued against your husband then you can seek deportation of your husband from UK by following proper procedure in the court AND if that’s not possible then you can get him declared as proclaimed offender and after that u can seek auction of his properties and red corner issued against him..

Q: My sister mistakenly gave more then 10 lakhs to her boyfriend

My sister gave money to her boyfriend which was around 10lakhs on the pretext that his mother was gravely ill and needed money for her treatment. To be on safer side my sister asked him to give her a blank cheque which is properly signed and my sister name's written on reciever's column but no amount is written on it. Last week he started to ask more money which obviously sounds like a fake reason which led my sister to believe that it was lie all along. What can she do to make sure that she receive all that money back. Please help as she didn't think of situation maturely and its a large amount of money that is at stake.

Advocate Gurmeet Singh answered
If your sister is now out of influence of her boy friend and want to recover her money then she should fill these blank cheques and present them in the bank and recover her money back. BUT if these cheques get bounce then she should immediately engage a lawyer n send legal notice to her boy friend to pay back her due amount AND still her boyfriend ignore all this then she should file a case u/s 138 of Negotiable instrument Act in the court.

Q: How to file mutual consent divorce case

Hi sir/madamI am from Zirakpur, settled in Bangalore since 7 years. I got married 10 years ago and having a son of 8.6 yrs old. Me and my husband have been living separately since one year and looking for mutual divorce as he has been blaming me and my family for false reasons and very bad arguments have been happening everytime he contacts us. He is also keeping my son with himself and having very dominant behavior. How can I proceed with the legal case please help.

Advocate Gurmeet Singh answered
You can file a divorce petition under section 13-B by engaging a common lawyer for both the parties and file case under mutual consent in Derabassi family court. Before filing mutual consent case you can settle all terms and conditions Regarding the lumpsum compensation, visiting rights and custody of child, rights in property Purchase by both the parties before/at the time or during marriage, and mention then in your petition, so that both the parties stay bounded with terms and conditions in future.

Q: Delayed possession of property in Mohali

Builder has delayed the possession and now making excuses to deliver the property as per builder buyer agreement. Giving 10yrs old fitting and doors

Advocate Gurmeet Singh answered
You can file a case against builder in consumer court if the property is governed by GAMADA or PUDA otherwise in RERA if the builder’s project is approved from RERA. Both the courts take care of deficiencies in service and will direct the builder to hand over you the possession alongwith compensation on delay and harassment.

Frequently Asked Questions about Advocate Gurmeet Singh

Can Advocate Gurmeet Singh represent me in court?

Yes, Advocate Gurmeet Singh can represent you in court. The lawyer is trained to present your case in the most effective way possible.

What should I bring to my initial consultation with Advocate Gurmeet Singh?

When you meet with Advocate Gurmeet Singh for an initial consultation, it is important to bring any relevant documents or information with you. This may include documents related to your legal issue, such as contracts or court orders, as well as any other relevant information, such as a list of questions or concerns you have about your case.

How do I prepare for my initial consultation with Advocate Gurmeet Singh?

Before your initial consultation with Advocate Gurmeet Singh, it can be helpful to think about the specific legal issue you are facing and any questions or concerns you have about your case. You should also gather any relevant documents or information that you think may be helpful in understanding your situation.

What should I expect during my initial consultation with Advocate Gurmeet Singh?

During your initial consultation with Advocate Gurmeet Singh, you can expect to discuss the specific legal issue you are facing and the details of your situation. Lawyer will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your case and will provide you with information about your legal options and any potential outcomes.

How do I communicate with Advocate Gurmeet Singh?

It is important to communicate with Advocate Gurmeet Singh regularly to stay updated on the progress of your case and to discuss any new developments or concerns you may have. You can communicate with the lawyer through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings.

How much does it cost to hire Advocate Gurmeet Singh?

The cost of hiring Advocate Gurmeet Singh can vary widely. Some lawyers charge hourly rates, while others charge a flat fee for their services. Some also offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. Kindly contact the lawyer directly to enquire about the fee.