×

quesTransfer of business without paying agreed amount

We have taken dealership paying amount along with an agreement, that they will pay back 3% in return, even if no sale every month on the condition we need to maintain 75% of the stock amount with company.

1 year all transaction went well and suddenly they stopped payments and that company transferred on another person's name. We have agreement letter worth Rs. 100 stamp paper and amounts were transferred Bank to Bank, no cash transactions. Whats the best way to deal with it?

• ansYour relation is through the agreement. Check if it is in personal capacity or on behalf of the company. If it is in personal capacity then you will have to locate the person and if on behalf of company, even if the business is transferred, the new company will have to bear the liability if any.

Go through the agreement minutely, find if you have clear cause of action. If you find any fraudulence there you can go for criminal case and file an FIR with police.

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only