Recovering money from a financial institution.
My sister had invested some money in Guru Teak Investment in my name. After the maturity we received a acknowledgement from them that the maturity amount Rs.12500/ + within 6 months during feb 2012. She hadn't told me earlier on this as the company gets into some issue. I came to know that recently and trying to contact their office in Bangalore and they are closed without any contact information. I heard that in other city (like Mysore), there are lawyers dealing with this issue on some commission basis. I am okay for any option to recover as much as possible from them. Please let me know the / help me to move in right direction to recover this hard earned money of my sister.
Issue a legal notice to the company at its last known address for recovery of money. If the notice is not complied with then file a case for money recovery in the court of District Civil Judge. In a legal action for recovery of money you may in addition to principal amount, also claim the amount spent on availing the services of your lawyer. Once a court of law passes an order for recovery it can be enforced against the company.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What can be done if a civil suit goes against me? I filed the case.
- Physical cruelty by the upper caste
- Illegal retrenchment by a company whom to approach
- Not staying with my wife from past 2 year how to take divorce
- What is the law as per the new Benami Act