quesLoan re-payed claimed as loan given

I have given loan of Rs.4,00,000 to my brother in cash. He has returned the same by sending the amount to my Company account. Now he has gone to the court saying that the he has given me the loan of Rs.4,00,000 and gone to the court asking me to return the money with Interest. But there is nothing in writing for this transaction. What shall i do?

  • ansDid you declare the loan in your income tax returns? How did your brother account for the same? If your brother has gone to court for contesting case on merits. Deny it was a loan. Further mention that there was no agreement to pay interest.

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Recovery lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hello Sir I had taken an educational loan in the year 2013 of an amount…
Hi, I gave advance of 11 lakhs to purchase the coffee estate. Because of the…
A widow aged about 80 years lost her only son to cancer in Bombay nearly…
I have attached my Tata Ace Company in Yellooboard Logistics Company in September 2015. In…

Recovery Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly