Can property be attached even after paying full recoverable amount?
I have a query related to attachment of property, I was a defendant in the civil suit where the court had given me the order to pay the amount but I had not paid. Hence, the plaintill moved for execution proceedings, however, I was not informed by the court where as I was to come that the court had sent me notices before the attachment order.
But what I see, yesterday someone from the court with the plaintiff person reached my home and pressurized me to pay the full amount otherwise they will call the police to do the attachment of the moveable property. I paid the full amount by "CHEQUE".
Without knowing the content of of order made by the court, it will be impossible to give legal opinion. Further, please specify whether you made the cheque in favor of Court?
Furthermore, it is very strange that you did not receive notice from the court. We believe that you have shown the attachment order to your advocate and after consulting him you made the payment.
If you have made the payment by cheque, it is itself an acknowledgement.
So we suggest you to file an application before the court annexing the copy of cheque stating that you have paid the entire decree amount.
Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What is the procedure for quashing 498a case
- What is the procedure to file petition for equal distribution of land
- Parents gave my signed cheque to relative without permission
- Father's brother start construction on ancestral property what to do
- Land registered by fraud how can I get back my land