quesCan property be attached even after paying full recoverable amount?

I have a query related to attachment of property, I was a defendant in the civil suit where the court had given me the order to pay the amount but I had not paid. Hence, the plaintill moved for execution proceedings, however, I was not informed by the court where as I was to come that the court had sent me notices before the attachment order.


But what I see, yesterday someone from the court with the plaintiff person reached my home and pressurized me to pay the full amount otherwise they will call the police to do the attachment of the moveable property. I paid the full amount by "CHEQUE".


  • ans


    Without knowing the content of of order made by the court, it will be impossible to give legal opinion. Further, please specify whether you made the cheque in favor of Court?


    Furthermore, it is very strange that you did not receive notice from the court. We believe that you have shown the attachment order to your advocate and after consulting him you made the payment.


    If you have made the payment by cheque, it is itself an acknowledgement. 


    So we suggest you to file an application before the court annexing the copy of cheque stating that you have paid the entire decree amount.


  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Recovery lawyers in India

Similar questions

I had resign from my previous company 13.05.17 but still not receive my salary after…

My brother in law has outstanding balance on credit card for around 3 lakhs, which…

There is my mothers property that was mortgaged. After 1.5 years we were not able…

i have paid about 17k to a company for getting me a job. which till…

Recovery Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly