Builder not refunding booking amount after cancellation
I have paid an amount of 8 lac to a builder as a booking amount for an apartment in mysore in October 2014. In January 2015 I changed my mind and decided to cancel the booking. Since then, whenever I ask the builder for the refund, he ignores my calls and keeps making false promises of refunding. What can I do?
Did you make payment by cash or cheque?
You can issue a legal notice to the builder for refunding of your booking amount. If there is no response, you file a case in consumer forum against the builder.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to change name for application in passport and pan card
- How to file RTI regarding my Father's pension and other death benefit
- Credit card company showing liability without any expenditure
- can property of deceased son be transferred to parents instead of wife
- Want to give car to servant how to transfer it legally