quesBuilder not refunding booking amount after cancellation

I have paid an amount of 8 lac to a builder as a booking amount for an apartment in mysore in October 2014. In January 2015 I changed my mind and decided to cancel the booking. Since then, whenever I ask the builder for the refund, he ignores my calls and keeps making false promises of refunding. What can I do?

• ansDid you make payment by cash or cheque?

You can issue a legal notice to the builder for refunding of your booking amount. If there is no response, you file a case in consumer forum against the builder.

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only