quesadvance paid, owner not giving possession nor refund

I wanted to start a IT training business in Mumbai. Found a suitable place and thought of finalizing it. The owner said that there is still some pending work remaining, so pay the advance and he will get it done in a week. I paid around 2.5 lac as advance in last year sep 23rd. From that time onwards, he will tell something or the other and will not let me get the place. Finally I got fed up and asked him to refund my money back some weeks back. Now he is silent and is not responding. I had done the money transfer of 2 lac on line and has paid 50 k in cash. I have few sms and email communication regarding the same. Now I don't know what to do.

  • ansYou should issue a legal notice to the owner to refund your money of Rs 2.50 lakhs advanced to him by online transfer and cash. Whereas the emails and messages exchanged between parties are admissible in evidence. If despite of notice owner fails to refund advance amount of Rs 2.50 lakhs file summary suit under Order XXXVII of CPC.

    Further you should also file a criminal complaint of cheating under section 420 of IPC against the owner as soon as possible.

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Recovery lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hi Sir, Recently , my father expired due to ill health on jan 2016. Now,…

I had given a loan of 1.25 crores to my brother in law. I gave…

Sir mera home loan hai bokaro allahabad bank se jo 20 nov 2015 ko npa…

We are in Delhi and client in Bangalore . Client has debit in stock trading…

Recovery Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Sukhwinder Singh Rai

  District Court, Ludhiana
 Experience: 17 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly