registration of property- divided orally
My dad and his brother have ancestral property in outskirts of Mumbai city which is divided to them in mid 90's but dad's brothers are unwilling to do registration to respective's name till date. When asked about to do so each time results quarrel. And now my Dad have passed away, is there a legal way to get it done to registration to my mom's name. Please let me know if there is any chance of going ahead without them and register our share of property without them??
You can file a suit for partition to claim your due share. Since apparently the partition you are talking about was verbal in nature, there is no point in referring to it and claim for your share as provide for under Hindu law of succession.
Was there any legal deed like partition deed, settlement deed executed and registered by them? If not then the property has not yet been divided. You can file a partition suit to get your share of the said property.
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How do courts decide that husband have sufficient mean to pay alimony?
- Security cheques misused by the opposite party What to do
- Tricked into signing a rent agreement. How to avoid such agreement?
- Girl threatening to kill herself if I don't marry her
- Punjab education recruitment board not accept BSC degree of ignou