×

quesregistration of property- divided orally

My dad and his brother have ancestral property in outskirts of Mumbai city which is divided to them in mid 90's but dad's brothers are unwilling to do registration to respective's name till date. When asked about to do so each time results quarrel. And now my Dad have passed away, is there a legal way to get it done to registration to my mom's name. Please let me know if there is any chance of going ahead without them and register our share of property without them??

• ansYou can file a suit for partition to claim your due share. Since apparently the partition you are talking about was verbal in nature, there is no point in referring to it and claim for your share as provide for under Hindu law of succession.

Was there any legal deed like partition deed, settlement deed executed and registered by them? If not then the property has not yet been divided. You can file a partition suit to get your share of the said property.

• Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Property Legal Services