registration of property- divided orally

My dad and his brother have ancestral property in outskirts of Mumbai city which is divided to them in mid 90's but dad's brothers are unwilling to do registration to respective's name till date. When asked about to do so each time results quarrel. And now my Dad have passed away, is there a legal way to get it done to registration to my mom's name. Please let me know if there is any chance of going ahead without them and register our share of property without them??

Answers (1)

129 votes
You can file a suit for partition to claim your due share. Since apparently the partition you are talking about was verbal in nature, there is no point in referring to it and claim for your share as provide for under Hindu law of succession.

Was there any legal deed like partition deed, settlement deed executed and registered by them? If not then the property has not yet been divided. You can file a partition suit to get your share of the said property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles