Is son responsible for illegal constructions by his father on my land?
My neighbour's father made a building on their land and 10 feet of my land. Now I need to make a building on my land, and I come to know that my neighbour have made their building on my land about 10 feet. I asked my neighbour to give me a settlement for my land, and they told me that they did not build the building, their father had made this building. If you have any issue, you should have talked to my father when he had made the building in 1970.
My neighbour does not want to make any settlement. I want to file a case in Court. How much chance do I have to win the case when the building maker (Neighbour's Father) is no more.
If in the registry records, you are the owner of the property then in such case you can file a suit of declaration of title, possession and permanent injunction. Along with this civil suit you will have to file an application for condonation of delay therein specifying the reasons, why you delayed in filing the said suit.
With respect to your chance of winning the case, can only be advised after examining the entire documents.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How can a legal heir of deceased can claim the PPF amount.
- Staying in deteriorating tenanted house what action can I take
- Wife filed false case of 498 against me and parents what to now
- Procedure to marry a christian girl who is a foreigner
- Senior in office harassing co-workers what actions can i take