quesIs son responsible for illegal constructions by his father on my land?

My neighbour's father made a building on their land and 10 feet of my land. Now I need to make a building on my land, and I come to know that my neighbour have made their building on my land about 10 feet. I asked my neighbour to give me a settlement for my land, and they told me that they did not build the building, their father had made this building. If you have any issue, you should have talked to my father when he had made the building in 1970.


My neighbour does not want to make any settlement. I want to file a case in Court. How much chance do I have to win the case when the building maker (Neighbour's Father) is no more.


  • ans


    If in the registry records, you are the owner of the property then in such case you can file a suit of declaration of title, possession and  permanent injunction. Along with this civil suit you will have to file an application for condonation of delay therein specifying the reasons, why you delayed in filing the said suit.


    With respect to your chance of winning the case, can only be advised after examining the entire documents.


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.        


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

we have been renting a company to some one for above 10 years after that…

My mom has 4 brothers and 1 sister. Because of some relational disturbances we are…

My maid who is very poor had to sell her property belonging to her husband…
My grandfather named my father and his younger son in his will.Now that his younger…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly