how to claim ancestral property
My grandfather (father's father) has 5 acre land in bihar district. He died in 1994. My grand mother died in 1999. Recently the property has been transferred in the name of his 6 siblings of which one is my father who have expired in 2002. So the name of my mother and her 3 siblings has been entered in paani. What is the Further procedure to divide the property equally with mutual understanding.
The property can be amicably divided by making a deed of partition among all the legal heirs i.e the siblings of your father. Once the siblings sign the partition deed the property will be divided. If consensus is not reached then you may file a suit for partition in court.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Tenant forcing to evict after 23 years of tenancy
- child custody with maternal grandparents after wife's death.
- Wrong medical certificate provided to underage couple
- Brother in law transferred father's property in his name from mother
- apply for home loan while paying maintenance