×

queshow to claim ancestral property

My grandfather (father's father) has 5 acre land in bihar district. He died in 1994. My grand mother died in 1999. Recently the property has been transferred in the name of his 6 siblings of which one is my father who have expired in 2002. So the name of my mother and her 3 siblings has been entered in paani. What is the Further procedure to divide the property equally with mutual understanding.

• ansThe property can be amicably divided by making a deed of partition among all the legal heirs i.e the siblings of your father. Once the siblings sign the partition deed the property will be divided. If consensus is not reached then you may file a suit for partition in court.

• Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Property Legal Services