Does a married daughter have share in her parents property?
Will my wife still have a share in her parent’s property even if she is being neglected by them? My wife has 3 sisters and a brother. Her family has been neglecting her a lot.
Will she still have a share in their property?
The devolution of property does not depend on whether your wife is being neglected by her family or not, but on the laws of inheritance as laid out by the constitution.
When it comes to the ancestral property, your wife has a share in the property since birth and this cannot be taken away by the family.
However, when it comes to the self-acquired property of your wife’s parents, they have the right to dispose off the said property in any manner they want by the way of will, gift etc. If your wife’s parents die intestate, then your wife shall have an equal share in the property as her sisters and brother.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How can a parking place be transferred in insolvency proceedings ?
- Neighbors causing trouble what action can i take
- what will happen if my wife files dowry/cruelty case against me
- My wife wants divorce but i want to save my marriage.
- Leakage in the roof due to the repairs done by above flat owner