×

quesDoes a married daughter have share in her parents property?

Will my wife still have a share in her parent’s property even if she is being neglected by them? My wife has 3 sisters and a brother. Her family has been neglecting her a lot.

Will she still have a share in their property?

The devolution of property does not depend on whether your wife is being neglected by her family or not, but on the laws of inheritance as laid out by the constitution.

When it comes to the ancestral property, your wife has a share in the property since birth and this cannot be taken away by the family.

However, when it comes to the self-acquired property of your wife’s parents, they have the right to dispose off the said property in any manner they want by the way of will, gift etc. If your wife’s parents die intestate, then your wife shall have an equal share in the property as her sisters and brother.