quesDoes a married daughter have share in her parents property?

Will my wife still have a share in her parent’s property even if she is being neglected by them? My wife has 3 sisters and a brother. Her family has been neglecting her a lot.


Will she still have a share in their property?


  • ans


    The devolution of property does not depend on whether your wife is being neglected by her family or not, but on the laws of inheritance as laid out by the constitution.


    When it comes to the ancestral property, your wife has a share in the property since birth and this cannot be taken away by the family.


    However, when it comes to the self-acquired property of your wife’s parents, they have the right to dispose off the said property in any manner they want by the way of will, gift etc. If your wife’s parents die intestate, then your wife shall have an equal share in the property as her sisters and brother.


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hello, 4 years back VRO mistakenly entered my land of 3 acres under endowment. I…
I got 6 dhansnischaya adharam from my sisters and brothers after the death of my…
in what circumstances that your maternal uncle can get your property?

When a female Hindu who is issueless and has inherited properties of her late husband…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly