quesBuilder altered initial plan. Bank sanctioned loan but didn't clear it

We have purchased a flat in 2014 in Kolkata , by home loan. as the builder did some alter in building plan . the financial institution asked for revised and final plan . My problem :

1. Though the financial institution sanctioned the loan amount , but did not disburse the whole amount of loan , as documents was not correct but they deducting the emi on whole amount of loan.what to do.

2. Another problem is the space mentioned in agreement as 910 sq ft super built inclusive 20% of super built area , but when we measure the actual space it is around 501 as carpet area ,plan shows 530 area.

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ans

      Your query is silent on whether you are buying flat which is under construction or is fully constructed.

      In case of under construction flat , the bank does  partial disbursement means that the payment is made in stages. If you are buying an under construction property, then the bank will disburse payments as the construction progresses.

      For example, after completion of first floor, 20% of the payment will be made and so on.

      However in case of constructed flat  bank will do   full disbursement and shall hand over entire payment to seller on your behalf.

      If the documents are not correct, then the bank can cancel your loan, so we suggest that you submit the correct documents. However if the bank sanctioned loan on incorrect documents, then bank is also at fault and you can take legal action against the bank in consumer forum.

      With respect to your second query if your builder falsely represented you and executed an wrong agreement, then you can enforce that agreement and demand a 910 sq ft super built inclusive 20% of super built area  before the district court.

      You can also file a police complaint under Section 420 IPC against the builder and take criminal action against him

    • ansRegarding your first problem ,you can alter the loan as per the documents furnished by the builder.The amount of the loan can be altered .Secondly if the builder has not given as per agreed conditions you file the consumer complaint in the district forum stating the discrepancies of the space to the forum,The builder can then provide what he has promised.There are other points which needs to be discussed ,for which we need to know other facts.

      Advocate Ritesh Isaac

        Bengali Market, Delhi

    • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    Consult best Property lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    My grand father has two son (A and B- my father) and rwo daughters. He…
    I'm a daughter can I get Shere of my mother's property. ..property registered mother's name…

    When I was 2 months my mother died.My father who is Panwar gave to me…

    We are tenants on first floor occupying the property for years now since 1972. There…

    Property Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

      Shree Ram Nagar
     Experience: 11 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly