quesAccident by DTC bus. From whom and from where do i claim compensation?

My car was damaged badly from behind after being hit by a DTC bus. I Lodged an FIR in Lajpat Nagar Police Station. Both the vehicles are compounded. How do I claim the compensation form DTC and what should I do now?

Can I claim compensation from the Driver and what if he is poor? Can DTC be made a party to the case as well?

You need to file a civil suit for compensation before the Motor Vehicle Accidents Claims Tribunal. Yes the DTC shall be made a party as it is vicariously liable for the acts of the driver. It is immaterial if the driver is poor as the DTC shall be vicariously liable to pay.

With respect to FIR, we need to know the offence under which the FIR has been filed so as properly guide you in this aspect.