Accident by DTC bus. From whom and from where do i claim compensation?
My car was damaged badly from behind after being hit by a DTC bus. I Lodged an FIR in Lajpat Nagar Police Station. Both the vehicles are compounded. How do I claim the compensation form DTC and what should I do now?
Can I claim compensation from the Driver and what if he is poor? Can DTC be made a party to the case as well?
You need to file a civil suit for compensation before the Motor Vehicle Accidents Claims Tribunal. Yes the DTC shall be made a party as it is vicariously liable for the acts of the driver. It is immaterial if the driver is poor as the DTC shall be vicariously liable to pay.
With respect to FIR, we need to know the offence under which the FIR has been filed so as properly guide you in this aspect.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- I have been cheated my husband and his family
- Neighbor asked for stay on property which rejected. Later granted.
- Resignation Due to health Issue still forced to pay 3 months salary
- Gave land gift on trust now can cancel it to get my land back?
- How can i get divorce from my husband as soon as possible