quesAccident by DTC bus. From whom and from where do i claim compensation?

My car was damaged badly from behind after being hit by a DTC bus. I Lodged an FIR in Lajpat Nagar Police Station. Both the vehicles are compounded. How do I claim the compensation form DTC and what should I do now?


Can I claim compensation from the Driver and what if he is poor? Can DTC be made a party to the case as well?


  • ans


    You need to file a civil suit for compensation before the Motor Vehicle Accidents Claims Tribunal. Yes the DTC shall be made a party as it is vicariously liable for the acts of the driver. It is immaterial if the driver is poor as the DTC shall be vicariously liable to pay.


    With respect to FIR, we need to know the offence under which the FIR has been filed so as properly guide you in this aspect.


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Motor Accident lawyers in India

Similar questions

My brother died in road accident while sitting as pillion rider .driver drove rashly causing…
While riding my bike on highway bridge at Vashi I met with an accident. A…
Hello Experts, I had met with an Accident on 30 december 2016 and was hospitalized…
ji mera 14 sal pahle axxidant hua tha claim kiya he lekin vo insan kabi…

Motor Accident Lawyers in India

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Nitin Chopra

  Sukriti Vihar Colony
 Experience: 16 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly