SC cleared exam bt got selected as general in interview
In an examination held by State Public Service Commission, a candidate cleared the written exam, as an SC candidate. But in interview, he cleared the cut-off marks of general category, so he was awarded a general seat,even though he got selected to appear for interview only as an SC candidate. Sir, I wanna know if that's within the laws or not. Kindly mention as where to get the related documents(Government Orders and all).
All candidates are eligible to compete under General Category, alongwith their respective reserved quota, except General category candidates, who have to compete only under General Category.
If a candidate clears the written exam under relaxed standards, as an SC candidate, he has to be finally selected under SC quota only, inspite of his clearing the interview by scoring equivalent cut-off marks of a General Category candidate.
On the other hand, if an SC candidate had cleared the Screening exam(Written exam) and Interview, without any relaxation in standard, and had obtained equal marks as that of a General Candidate, then only he can be placed in General Category.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Is it defamation if employer mocks performance level via e mail?
- Buying property from spouse of deceased person
- Builder started construction w/o making full payment. How to recover?
- Can we add more facts once the case is filed
- Bank sent legal notice for dishonored cheque what to do.